Should CANON succeed in fulfilling its objectives in the first 3-5 years, and should participating members endorse its outcomes, the following success indicators will begin to appear in whole or in part:
- Organizations will have gained a better understanding of what anonymization means, and how it can be effectively achieved while preserving the utility of data.
- Negotiations between controllers and processors will be facilitated based on a more streamlined and common understanding of terms and expectations.
- Organizations will be in a better position to communicate with regulators and to ‘demonstrate accountability’ on demand.
- Organizations will see a reduction in the level of privacy risks they face and an enhancement of their reputation.
- Organizations will be more confident about their analytic use of data and using data to drive innovations in products and services.
- Organizations will begin to gain increased trust and confidence of consumers / individuals.