- NEW! Events Page with information on upcoming and past CANON events
- Submission Re: The Ministry of Government and Consumer Services white paper, Modernizing Privacy in Ontario – Sept 2021
- Submission to the CIO Strategy Council Re: Draft Standard CAN/CIOSC 100-3 Privacy enhancing de-identification framework – July 2021
- Practices for Generating Non-Identifiable Data – Final Report for the Contributions Program of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, March 2021 [PDF]
- States of Data – Identified, Identifiable and Non-Identifiable – Oct. 2020 [PDF]
- Submission to Ontario Private Sector Privacy Legislation Consultation – Oct. 2020 [PDF]
The Canadian Anonymization Network (“CANON”) is a network comprised of large-scale data custodians from across the private, public and health sectors, whose primary purpose is to promote anonymization as a privacy-respectful means of leveraging data for economic and socially-beneficial purposes.
Co-founded by AccessPrivacy, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Symcor and Telus, CANON has quickly grown to include some of the largest data custodians from private, public and health institutions across the country.
CANON is a registered not-for-profit corporation.